Recently, we were lucky enough to have a lively conversation with a group of college students during our panel discussion: College After Epilepsy Surgery.
- Bennett Vernick, California State University East Bay, CA
- Candon Westervelt, Tompkins Cortland Community College, NY
- Hannah Webb, College of Charleston REACH Program, SC
- Kaitlyn O’Connor, Pitzer College, CA
- Rosin Crosby, Hofstra University, NY
Some of the questions we discussed include:
- What inspired you to pursue college?
- What is the difference between high school and college?
- What kinds of disability supports are available to you?
- How well does your college support your health and disability needs?
- Did you receive preparation before college on how to manage your health and disability support needs in college?
- Have you been able to make social connections with other students? What helped?
- How has being an epilepsy surgery survivor shaped your college path?