The special education system in the United States is a maze of laws, confusing acronyms, and strong emotions. Most parents are unfamiliar with the proper steps that must be taken to develop a child’s individual education plan (IEP) after epilepsy surgery.
Helping your child reach full potential after epilepsy surgery is our mission. Every parent whose child needs special education must understand the steps you to build an appropriate IEP.
Make Your Resource Binder.
After you’ve watched our IEP training webinars, be sure you have important reference documents at your fingertips. We suggest you make a separate binder with copies of the following laws and forms. Use tabs to separate each document.
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (Downloadable PDF)
- The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations for special education (Downloadable PDF)
- Your state’s education act and regulations (see here)
- Model form of prior written notice (Downloadable PDF)
- Federal guidance on your procedural safeguards (Downloadable PDF)
- Infographic of the IEP process (Downloadable English PDF • Spanish png)