There are many therapies and exercises you can do at home to help with your child’s development. Be sure to discuss any home-based program with your child’s doctor before starting them. Here’s a list of what you can do from home:
- Pediatric Physical Therapy Exercises is a You Tube channel with over 100 videos on exercises for infants, babies, and young children.
- Flint Rehab’s You Tube channel includes stroke exercises that are helpful for teens and adults with hemiparesis. Includes this downloadable guide.
- Home Based Exercise Program – exercise ideas
- Baby Bootcamp for infants/babies to improve head and trunk control
- Hand-Arm Bimanual training for children with hemiparesis is explained on our website here and downloadable HABIT caregiver manual for home-based therapy.
- School-based Occupational Therapy at Home
- Online Occupational Therapy for Schools & How it Works | Remote OT
- I am a TinyEYE Online Occupational Therapist
- Hand Play – CHASA
- Occupational therapy for teens and older adults with hemiparesis
- Gemiini for speech, language, reading, life skills, and social skills for people with autism, down syndrome, speech delay, stroke, and others; scholarships available; can be delivered via Roku, iPhone and other platforms.
- 6 Free Online Speech Therapy Resources For Kids
- Free materials from Carrie Clark, SLP, at Speech and Language Kids.
- Monarch Center for Autism has 40 webinars on managing various aspects of autism.