You may be feeling stress and anxiety during these times. There are many resources available for you to help you cope:
Centers for Disease Control
Child Mind Institute
The Child Mind Insitute’s clinical and supportive resources include:
- Facebook Live video chats with expert clinicians (10am and 4.30pm)
- Remote evaluations and telemedicine
- Phone consultations for follow-up about Facebook Live events and other questions about the best way to manage kids at home
- Daily tips for parenting during the crisis, via email
- Comprehensive resources for parents on coronavirus topics below the video.
Mental Health America
Mental Health America has excellent Mental Health Information For Disease Outbreaks on their website.
- Coronavirus: Mental Health Coping Strategies
- Frequently Asked Questions on Mental Health, Mental Illness, and COVID-19
- Find Support
National Alliance on Mental Illness
- The NAMI HelpLine can provide information on how to find various mental health professionals and resources in your area.
- NAMI support groups
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
Parents Helping Parents
Shrink Speak: COVID-19 Crisis – In this special three-part COVID-19 Crisis series, renowned experts who have expertise in relevant disciplines that pertain to this COVID-19 pandemic discuss the mental health impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Association – Get support regarding your anxiety or stress by speaking to a trained counselor at SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or by texting TalkWithUS 66746. They also produced these helpful guides:
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
Understood.org: Find an Online Village to Help Get You Through Coronavirus Stress
World Health Organization: Mental Health Considerations during COVID-19 Outbreak – these mental health considerations were developed by the WHO Mental Health Department as support for mental and psychological well-being during the COVID-19 outbreak.