The COVID-19 pandemic has brought financial challenges to many families we serve. Here’s a list of what’s available for you if you need help:
- COMMUNITY OF CARE GRANT: This new grant awards up to $500 to help with distance learning, telehealth appointments, transportation, and basic needs. For families of children on the epilepsy surgery journey as well as adults who had epilepsy surgery in childhood. Deadline to apply is August 15, 2020.
- COVID-19 EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE FUND: Awards up to $250 for those in our community facing immediate and significant financial hardship. No deadline.
- DREAMS FOR DANNY: SURGICAL EVALUATION TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIP: Up to $1,000 for qualifying families who need to travel more than 50 miles for an epilepsy surgery evaluation. Awarded monthly.
- RISE FAMILY GRANTS: 40 $1,000 awards to families living with a pediatric neurologic condition from the Child Neurology Foundation. Applicants are randomly selected. Deadline is August 2, 2020.
- COVID-19 CRITICAL RELIEF PROGRAM: From the National Organization of Neurological Disorders (NORD). Contact: 203.242.0497/Email: COVID19assistance@rarediseases.org
- INSURANCE AND MEDICAL RELIEF PROGRAM: From NORD. Contact: 203.242.0497/Email: COVID19assistance@rarediseases.org
- CAMP AND TRADE SCHOOL/COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS: From the Hemispherectomy Foundation.
- PATIENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: From UCB, assistance with drug co-pays.
- EPIDIOLEX ENGAGE: From Greenwich, assistance with Epidiolex co-pays.