We invite you to join us at the 2016 Hemispherectomy Conference and Family Reunion on Friday, July 8 – Sunday, July 10, in Denver, Colorado.
Spend time with families who get it, nurture old friendships, and form new lifelong bonds. This year’s conference will be held at the spectacular Omni Interlocken Resort in Broomfield, Colorado. With its two outdoor pools, and convenient access to shopping, dining, entertainment, the great outdoors, and other amenities, this year’s conference promises to be a fun occasion for the entire family.
Some highlights of this year’s conference include:
- Professional presentations under the headings of medical, physical, sensory, financial planning, education, and adult life;
- Saturday morning panel questions and answers discussions on the medical aspects of disorders of hemispherectomy surgery, including return of seizures, onset of hydrocephalus, endocrine issues, and other concerns. A special session on use of cannabis to control epilepsy will be included;
- Adults 18+ diagnosed who had childhood hemispherectomy are invited to participate in self-advocacy, financial management, and employment workshops;
- The full conference package includes Friday breakfast and lunch, Saturday breakfast and lunch, and Saturday evening BBQ at the hoedown;
- Kid Camp will be supervised by Kiddie Corp for registered attendees aged 6 mos –17.
We are honored to, for the first time, be the sole hosts and organizers for this event. We thank the Hemispherectomy Foundation for setting the bar so high for this annual conference and hope that we can continue their legacy of hosting a highly informative event that also provides families with the social connections that are the most important part of the conference.
The Brain Recovery Project encourages scientific research programs, especially those which address neuro-rehabilitation and functional outcomes after hemispherectomy. Researchers who are interested in collecting data at the conference should email us here. Medical and rehabilitation professionals are encouraged to attend the conference to learn from our speakers and to meet our families, learn about their challenges, and better understand functional outcomes after hemispherectomy throughout the lifespan.
Thank you to the following sponsors for making this event possible:
Platinum ($10,000) – The Hemispherectomy Foundation
We sincerely hope you can join us for what is always a memorable annual event! Join us for #HEMICON2016!
The 2016 Organizing Committee
Alicia Grenolds, Chair
Monika Jones, Co-Chair
Jane Hittle, Childrens’ Events Chair
Nicole Gantz Murray, Sponsorship Chair
**Please be sure to read through all conference information tabs (see right) prior to registration. Thank you!